Thursday, August 5, 2010

NIGERIAN PHONE SCAM WITH AN AMERICAN TWIST

purplepretty21 successfully won ebay item (Mobile phone). I received a paypal (now confirmed as fake) e-mail to confirm payment but only upon me confirming shipping details. This i did but still did not receive payment. Cathy Pretty is ebay user in USA who wanted thephone shipped to Nigeria for her boyfriend. Her ebay rating was 90+% . She was an ebay member since 2003.


No real problem I thought. Having now looked into it I can see i'm not the only mug!! Payment has still not been received. I have had Police visit my house to investigate.


Be aware of fake paypal emails especially ones listed as paypal usa. Always check your own paypal account for money received before dispatching your product. Its easy to get conned so just check all possibilities before you do business with people. Scam like this make you sick!!

No comments:

Post a Comment