Thursday, August 27, 2009

Using Couriers

I would strongly advise the amateur ebayer, like myself, NOT to use couriers unless absolutely necessary!
I have NEVER had any trouble with the GPO, but decided to try Parcel2Go.com, as advertised on eBay, for three bulky items I sold a couple of weeks ago. I thought it would be handy to be able to pay them directly from my Paypal account.
The items were collected on the pre-arranged day, and the driver asked where they were going. He was shown the addresses clearly marked on the box. He then printed off the barcode label for each of the parcels - and stuck them on the wrong boxes!!!
All three were delivered to the wrong place!
Now it turns out the courier is not liable as I failed to check, despite showing the thicko the addresses, that he had put them on the correct parcel! Surely couriers have to be literate!?!?
I addition, at no point during the delivery process did anyone notice that the address on the parcel did not match the one on the label. All they deal with are the BARCODES! Ridiculous! Common sense plays no part whatsoever!
If you DO have to use a courier, avoid Parcel2Go like the PLAGUE! They have no interest in customer after-care, have outdated links on their website, so you think you are emailing them, but aren't, and have an automated phone service that cuts you off at every possible juncture without you ever being able to speak to a 'real' person.Totally incompetent cowboys!
If they come good and rectify the situation, I will happily retract the above statement, but until then AVOID AVOID AVOID!

Orignal From: Using Couriers

No comments:

Post a Comment