Friday, July 23, 2010

EBAY !!! Please Help Genuine Buyers And Sellers!!!!!

As an ebayer with a respectable feedback record and having done over 100 deals with both buyers and sellers I was dismayed by the complete lack of proper accountability within the ebay mechanism as a whole.About 8 months ago I bid on and won a motorcycle jacket fairly and squarely which according to the sellers listing I must pay for via cheque.I wrote the cheque which was to the value of around 30 and posted the next day first class. As the cheque was being posted to Bristol and posted first class I assessed that deal completion would have taken around 10-12 days in total which allowed for postage both ways and cheque clearance.To my dismay 3 weeks had passed and still no jacket.I contacted the seller and requested more information. I was advised that the following day the jacket would be sent and that the delay was due to the sellerbeing on holiday at the time of the listing end which I was slightly confused by as the cheque had been deposited the day after I had sent it to them. But still I thought at least its on its way now. WRONG!!!! Another 2 weeks passed and still no jacket at this point I contacted ebay requesting their assistance and recovery of my money. As it goes ebay were absolutely powerless or completely unwilling to resolve the issue and protect a paying customer in full. Ebay advised me that because the item had not been paid for through Paypal I was only entitled to a part refund and that I would have to pay ebay a fee for this part refund. Disgusted with the whole scenario I boycotted the worlds best marketplace and left negative feedback for the appaling seller only to have negative feedback left for me . Which begs the question what is the point of the feedback system if it does not reflect the facts. When are ebay going to be in a position to affiliate themselves proactively with genuine customers with proof of payment in a deal that goes wrong. When are ebay with the profit they make from every single transaction and listing fee received going to put their bread and butter`s needs ahead of their own and their shareholders. I would like to see them adopt a policy of complete accountability and a refund mechanism which is coherent and secure. Buyers have a legal right to fair treatment but if this is not the case then sellers who blight this auction site with poor quality service should have their ability to leave reactive feedback removed and suspend their ability to sell until issues are resolved in full. Ebay are in a position to post feedback of their own stating that the buyer has reported the seller with validity, the buyer has proof of payment, and ebay are seeking a refund on behalf of a genuine buyer. I wonder how many items would be lost in the post if this were the case. Please be rest assured that untilthese points are investigated ebay will never be a safe place to trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment